Mr. Lieberman is an experienced founder/entrepreneur, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer available to provide strategic and financial consulting services as a trusted advisor to the Founder/CEO or Board of Directors.
Engagements could include companies that need strategic input on growth strategies (either start-up or early-stage), raising growth capital, restructuring/turnarounds, or even downsizing. Creative problem solving, in a hands-on manner and working directly with the CEO and the leadership team, is what interests him the most.
As a consultant and mentor to entrepreneurs in a variety of industries, including technology, Mr. Lieberman has demonstrated an ability to guide the CEO and Management Team with little or no prior industry experience and immediately grasp the fundamental nature of a company’s business.
This “quick study” has enabled him to critically assess the key drivers of success – from strategy and tactics, operations, finances, and human capital – to craft and help implement plans to transform businesses.
Because he has played many different leadership roles, from Chairman and CEO to CFO/CAO, and has grown companies from the ground up, Mr. Lieberman understands the critical importance of managing the variety of constituents that are involved, either directly or indirectly, in a company’s path to success.
From employees and consultants, to investors and Board members, vendors to bankers, clients and prospects, Mr. Lieberman understands the needs of each as a company traverses the path of growth and change.
Since 2013, Mr. Lieberman has acted as a consultant and advisor to a variety of companies across a myriad of industries: technology, fashion, business services (consulting), and more.
Mr. Lieberman is the Founder of “The CEO’s Right Hand”, a New York-based consulting services firm that provides the full breadth of strategic, financial and operational advice to founders, CEO’s or Executive Teams.
Mr. Lieberman is retained by companies in a variety of industries that need assistance in growing/scaling the business or are resource constrained and prefer to outsource non-core activities for an interim period of time.
Building upon the experience of its founder as an entrepreneur and operator, The CEO’s Right Hand enables the founder/CEO to focus on the core strengths of the company. From strategic planning to budget/forecasting, Board-level presentations to development of key performance indicators, compensation planning to margin analysis, the company provides an end-to-end solution for supporting ongoing or one-time (project) needs.
- Fractional CFO/COO for Adgorithmics, LLC, an international early-stage B2B AdTech company focused on optimizing Facebook advertising spend for global clients, especially in Japan. Work includes finance (capital raising, budgeting/modeling, management of Japanese and U.S. bookkeeping teams, cash planning), strategic advisory/consulting, operations (MIS, legal, human resources, administrative), and more as the firm grows its client base and scales the product solution set.
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling for an online site that provides parents with the ability to find local activities for their children.
- Design of executive / financial dashboard with key performance indicators for an e-commerce (fashion) company exhibiting tremendous growth ahead of Series A financing round.
- Financial modeling and investor presentation for an international startup company developing a revolutionary approach to converting sports cars from combustion to electric engines.
- Strategic advisory to international jewelry manufacturing business based in Mexico.
President and CFO for Interactive Donor, New York Benefit Corporation
In June 2014, Mr. Lieberman was appointed President and CFO for Interactive Donor, New York Benefit Corporation created as a social enterprise that rewards donors for giving via discounts/rebates on retail purchases (online and in-store). Mr. Lieberman was responsible for overall management of the organization’s operations and finance functions, ensuring the firm is properly capitalized and structured for material growth in the coming years. Mr. Lieberman managed the team and helped drive the strategic direction of the firm as it built out its go-to-market strategy for its multiple target segments and channels.
He was directly responsible for all operational areas of the firm, including: finance, legal/contracts, human resources, insurance, real estate and internal technology. Mr. Lieberman’s years of experience in building and running technology firms enabled him to quickly ramp iDonor through additional capital raises and the launch of the new venture in December 2014.
Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO and CFO/CAO of Xtiva Financial Systems
Prior to joining Interactive Donor, Mr. Lieberman was the Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO and CFO/CAO of Xtiva Financial Systems beginning in 1998. While at Xtiva, he was responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s long-term strategy as well as tactical short-term plans. Under his leadership, Xtiva grew from start-up to revenues of over $10 million and 100+ clients employing over 45,000 brokers/advisors throughout the United States. Xtiva made the Inc. 500/5000 list on three separate occasions as well as the Deloitte & Touche Fast 50 ranking.
While at Xtiva, Mr. Lieberman:
- Recruited and managed experienced leadership team of industry professionals who had line responsibility for 55 employees across the U.S.
- Initiated, ran and closed multiple successful capital raises including seed round, private placement, and $3.5 million Preferred Series A round by Fortune 500 strategic investor.
- Helped close sales and negotiated long-term multimillion dollar enterprise contracts for new clients such as MetLife, AXA, UBS and RBC, as well as long-term channel partner relationships including Bear Stearns, Fidelity, PaineWebber and RBC Clearing.
- Successfully managed department heads to meet or exceed fiscal operating budgets and ensured Company performed to annual Board plans.
- Managed all aspects of corporate balance sheet including negotiations with commercial lenders, successful exit from workout.
Co-Founder of Capital Markets Research / CMR Technologies
Prior to founding Xtiva, in 1994 Mr. Lieberman co-founded and managed an investment management / technology firm, Capital Markets Research / CMR Technologies, in San Francisco. While at CMR, Mr. Lieberman was responsible for all operations and finance for the investment management, consulting and technologies business units.
He managed a small group of high energy investment and technology professionals serving high-net worth individuals and institutions. CMR’s mission was to provide the premier investment manager search, performance management and active management services to small and mid-size portfolio owners. CMR Technologies became the genesis of Xtiva Financial Systems which was spun out of CMR in 1998.
Associate at Bankers Trust/BT Securities
Prior to starting CMR, Mr. Lieberman worked at Bankers Trust/BT Securities in New York. He started at BT as an Associate in the technology group of the investment bank where he was a member of the team that deployed the first Windows-based platform for the bank worldwide. He then joined the Mergers & Acquisitions division where he worked on several assignments, including sell-side opportunities in the food industry in the Midwest.
Mr. Lieberman received a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering with a minor in Business Economics from the University of California at San Diego. He then attended the University of California at Los Angeles where he received dual Masters degrees in Business Administration and Computer Science.
For more information, please contact Mr. Lieberman via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: (646) 277-8728.
We'd love to work with you.
We provide fractional finance, operations, and human resource services so you can focus on growing your business.