Robert Payne has over 30 years of executive financial management experience in Big 4, investment banking, and venture-stage, as well as FORTUNE 200 companies. Drawing from this experience, Rob assists companies in preparing for fundraising and M&A, financial modeling, building accounting and finance teams, and setting up financial controls. Rob has led buy- and sell-side M&A, IPOs, venture capital, and private equity fundings with over $2.1 billion in cumulative transaction value.
Rob was previously CFO of Danal Inc. dba BilltoMobile for over five years, where he built the accounting and finance team to support triple-digit growth. In addition to accounting and finance, he had responsibility for all board communications and reporting, corporate development, legal, and HR, as well as providing analytical support for sales and business development. Since leading the sale of Danal’s mobile payments operations to Bango (LONDON: BGO) and positioning the data authentication operations for sale to BOKU (LONDON: BOKU), and subsequently joining Bango to be Head of the US, Rob has worked as a CFO on a fractional basis, serving venture-stage companies in SaaS, biotech, and med device.
Prior to Danal, Rob consulted fractionally to BOKU while also leading the Receivership of Landmark, culminating in the sale of the asset to a leading private equity fund. Previous experience includes:
- CFO of Social Media pioneer Buzzlogic
- Principal in Element Capital, a growth-stage PE-fund
- Managing Director of TWAssociates, where he led the sale of SMTEK Inc (NASDAQ: SMTK) to CTS Corp (NYSE: CTS)
- VP Investment Banking, EVEREN Securities (now Wells Fargo Securities), where he led IPO and private placement financings, as well as M&A, for companies in enterprise software
- Senior, Financial & SEC Reporting, MAXXAM Inc. (AMEX: MXM)
Rob began his career at Ernst & Young.
Rob earned an MBA in Finance and Corporate Policy from the Booth Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, and a BA in Economics-Business from UCLA. He is also a Certified Public Accountant (inactive).
For more information, please contact Robert at Rob.Payne@theceosrighthand.co