Mark is a CFO and COO with a proven ability to successfully and creatively lead in normal and crisis situations. Experienced in developing innovative cross-border solutions involving all business and support areas of small, medium, and large organizations. Skilled at selling change on a local, regional, or global basis.
He started his career in large organizations including UBS/Swiss Bank/O’Connor, Goldman Sachs, and Accenture with a significant portion of that time on the international side (working in Europe, Asia, and South America). In those organizations he concentrated on merger integration, re-engineering, technology, and strategy.
Over the last 15+ years he has focused on restructuring and restarting a series of firms including Forstmann-Leff, W.P. Stewart and Anchor Capital. These efforts included succession planning, marketing & sales team redesign, new technology & operations implementation, acquisitions, launching funds in the US & Luxembourg and employee buyouts.
Previous deal merger integrations have included:
At Andersen Consulting / Accenture:
- Chicago Title & Trust / Safeco Title
- National City Bank / First Ohio
- First Omaha / Lincoln National
At Swiss Bank
- O’Connor & Associates / Swiss Bank – I was on the O’Connor side from deal structuring through integration and post integration management
- Swiss Bank / S.G. Warburg & Co.
- Swiss Bank / Dillon, Read & Co.
- Swiss Bank / UBS – we adopted the UBS branding
- UBS / Paine Webber
After Goldman Sachs
- O’Connor & Associates / Angelo Gordon
- W. P. Stewart / partner search / Alliance Bernstein L.P.
- Anchor Capital Advisors / buyback from Boston Private Bank
For more information, you can reach Mark at MarkBergen@theceosrighthand.co.
We'd love to work with you.
We provide fractional finance, operations, and human resource services so you can focus on growing your business.