David Stiffman – CFO Consultant
David Stiffman is an innovative and accomplished COO/CFO with significant experience leading and advising boards, family, and founder-led businesses in creating shareholder value and driving growth in profitability through strategic planning, tactical execution, operational restructuring, and rationalizations. David possesses exceptional commercial acumen and high emotional intelligence, is recognized as a leaders’ leader, with proven abilities to optimize people, processes, and technology, effectively connects people with purpose and drives effective balance sheet management.
David is a collaborative leader with a deep understanding of brand and market expansion strategies working with consumer products businesses. He has a proven ability to design, establish and execute operational and technology infrastructure for digital/e-commerce, direct to consumer, and wholesale distribution models, while delivering results with gravitas, sound financial planning expertise, and a genuine commitment to the well-being of the business.
- Developed and implemented a growth strategy for a specialty retail/e-commerce company that over three years doubled revenues, consistently grew comp-store sales, and significantly improved profitability.
- Created an innovative business plan and operating infrastructure for a start-up company that supported revenue growth from $19M to $150M in four years.
- Restructured operating processes and organization, resulting in a 30% reduction of operating overhead and improved speed to market.
- Creatively raised operating capital by selling future production commitments.
- Renegotiation of financing arrangements under extremely difficult circumstances to improve liquidity and mitigate risks.
- Collaborated with multiple management teams to create and implement market-based growth strategies for consumer-to-retail businesses.
- Led financial and business diligence, negotiation, and integration of numerous acquisition transactions (including fashion, retail, and e-commerce businesses in the United States, Europe, and Canada), creating significant shareholder value.
David earned a B.S. in Economics from Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and is a Certified Public Accountant.
We'd love to work with you.
We provide fractional finance, operations, and human resource services so you can focus on growing your business.