Renee is a finance executive with over 15 years of strategic and financial management experience. A member of global leadership teams, Renee brings experience in finance, corporate management and strategy, rebranding and marketing, and technology, with a particular-focus on driving key growth initiatives. Renee brings a wealth of knowledge across the aforementioned-platforms and is highly client-focused. She strives to help her clients achieve growth and scalability across diverse markets.
In her most recent role as Founder & CEO of Repertoire, a digital services, software and app development firm, she works both B2C and B2B, partnering with startups, creative agencies, as well as established companies eager to innovate and connect to their consumers. Prior to Repertoire, she served as Director of Financial Planning & Analysis for Dashlane, Inc., partnering with the CFO and CEO to set up and manage all aspects of financial planning, analysis and reporting process.
Prior to Dashlane, Renee served as Global General Manager and CFO at Fab.com, a community dedicated to bringing people, tastemakers and brands together to explore, create, buy and sale modern products. As Chief Financial Officer Renee successfully built and led all aspects of the finance function. Before becoming CFO, Renee was Director of the Financial Planning and Analysis team. Further, Renee brings a level of expertise in licensing and branding in the retail space, having previously worked at Polo Ralph Lauren and Movado Group, managing their brand finance as their controller.
Founder and CEO, Repertoire
Repertoire is a digital services, software and app development firm committed to creating technology products that are intuitive and designed for today’s connected consumer. Our market distinction is the integration of business strategy with hands-on development expertise; complimented by an emphasis on user-experience and design. We bring a deep understanding of both B2C and B2B, having partnered with start-ups, creative agencies, and well-established companies.
- Lead and manage client projects to ensure timely delivery of digital products the support the business objectives of our clients
- Work with technology team to define framework and product deliverables, business goals and success metrics
Achieved 200% revenue growth and built a team of 5 employees in first 18 months
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, Dashlane, Inc.
Partnered with CFO & CEO to set up and manage all aspects of financial planning, analysis, and reporting process
- Build and manage day-to-day financial operations that include:
- Perform month close reconciliation, analysis and variance reporting of global financial accounts to senior executives, investors and board of directors
- Work on detailed cash management and cashflow planning along with Controller
- Create budget, forecast and strategic plan from bottom-up financial modeling and running multiple scenario analysis
- Member of global leadership team to drive key initiatives: growth strategy, new partnership opportunities, hiring plan etc.
- Partner closely with analytics team to calculate, track and report SaaS business metrics for all business channels (B2C & B2B). Metrics include: MAU, churn rate, MRR, CAC payback, CLTV, ROI etc.
- Responsible for hiring and training financial team & establishing processes and best practices for company’s expansion
- Lead ad hoc projects: global sales tax reporting, global audit and transfer pricing study, gross margin improvement initiatives
Global General Manager, Fab.com
Responsible for company’s turnaround and led global operations with 100 full-time employees across US and India offices
Corporate Management & Strategy
- Orchestrated acquisition deal by PCH Int’l. Spearheaded due diligence process that led to successful completion of transaction
- Rebuilt team from 14 (pre-acquisition) to 100 staff over 9 months. Responsible for recruiting, managing and training of senior executives, particularly during time of high uncertainty
- Reached financial goals of stabilizing business in first 12 months and revived Fab.com into a beloved global technology brand
- Led the establishment of new entities and offices in India and NY
Rebranding and Marketing
- Drove key strategic rebranding project by partnering with top research and branding agencies, incl. robust customer research study, brand audit and brand positioning
- Led successful holiday marketing campaign: opening holiday pop-up store along with launching offline advertising campaign n NYC. This resulted in 30% increase of site traffic and 50% growth in sales
- Spearheaded product and licensing partnerships with famous designers & TV shows, e.g. Broad City x Fab collaboration
Technology and Operations
- Drove product roadmap that reflected Fab’s growth vision and new positioning. Made key decisions on areas for technological innovation and investment along with CTO. Managed team of product managers and UX designers, alongside engineering team to build innovative technology that led to winning 2015 Webby Award for Best Mobile Shopping app
- Handled all personnel issues across both offices and made key decisions on corporate culture, team structure, hiring and compensation
- Set up inter-company processes with PCH executives to align our business lines, included coordinating merchandising pipeline for incubator products, identifying investment opportunities in tech market, streamlining global logistics system
Global Chief Financial Officer and General Manager, Fab.com
Partnered with CEO & Founder in managing existing Fab.com business during restructuring, launching new furniture brand Hem.com and driving it towards profitability
- Oversaw global accounting and financial planning teams, as well as managed the US office
- Ensured timely and accurate monthly closings of global financial accounts, cash management, forecasting and budgeting
- Communicated closely with Board of Directors and key equity and debt holders on company’s performance
- Maintained strong and productive external relationships with banks, auditors, attorneys, landlords, brokers and suppliers
- Led company’s restructuring that included negotiating exit of NY office lease and sublease of NJ warehouse, setting up new offices, and offloading unused assets. Resulted in $3M of cost savings and cash recovery.
Managed team of 25 staff (in merchandising, marketing, creative and operations) in the day-to-day operations of Fab.com. Achieved same revenue level as pre-restructuring with 110 employees.
Senior Vice President & General Manger, Personal Accessories Division, Fab.com
Led Personal Accessories unit to grow revenue from $20MM to 5-year target of $180MM. Promoted to SVP after 6 months in the role.
- Managed a team of 8, in planning, merchandising, product development and sourcing for 4 unique product categories
- Led team to reach sales, margin and profitability targets by successfully executed on operational plan: balancing product mix between Private Label vs. 3rd Party, careful monthly assortment planning, competitive pricing and managing tight product turns
- Built line architecture and managed execution of OTB, replenishment cycle, promotions and discounting strategy
- Led development of Private Label collection with sourcing and design teams, including: conceptualizing of product lines, recruiting designers, managing product development process and launching products on site
- Managed clearance of off-season and discontinued inventory via onsite discount program, 3rd party liquidator and physical warehouse sale at Chelsea Market
- Established partnerships with incubators and developed exclusive collections with designers and well-known brands for first-to-market, exclusive distribution arrangements
Vice President, Global Financial Planning & Analysis, Fab.com
Led Fab.com’s global financial planning & analysis division, which included 7 entities worldwide with 2 distinct North American and European e-commerce businesses. Promoted to VP after 8 months.
- Reported directly to CFO and worked closely with CEO to build and run global financial planning & analysis function:
- Established accounting processes and reporting packages for month close reconciliation and reporting
- Built full set of financial models (P&L, B/S and CF Statement) for budgeting, forecasting and long range planning
- Performed detailed cashflow planning along with Controllers at each geographic regions
- Member of global senior executive team providing input on all major decisions, including business strategy, corporate development (M&A), cost management, and personnel and operations issues
- Prepared and presented regularly to Board of Directors and key investors on company’s financial performance
- Worked closely with CFO in raising Series D round of capital and securing debt arrangements with banks
Assessed strategic alternatives to increase cash runway leading to the restructuring from 600 to 300 employees worldwide and reducing EU business to customized furniture only. Worked with senior executives in executing restructuring plans.
Finance Manager, Daily Candy, Inc.
Managed financial and strategic planning for the online lifestyle magazine and daily deals website during the transition of ownership and management from under Comcast Digital to NBCU Entertainment Digital Unit
- Led full-scale implementation of SAP financial system, from setting up new accounting process to developing new financial analysis models and remapping entire chart of accounts
- Responsible for corporate reporting and communication with various teams at NBCU for unit’s financial results
- Created strategic and operational reviews and annual budget presentations for senior executives
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Analyzed and reviewed monthly and quarterly results with senior management: performed actual to budget / forecast variance analysis on P&L, identified risk and opportunities and formulated recommendations for improvement
- Performed and managed all aspects of financial forecasting
- Set up and managed financial planning and accounting processes for new DailyCandy Deals business: forecasting and managing monthly sales target, devising in-house deals tracking process and partnering with GCI platform provider
Evaluated financial impact and valuation of potential acquisition of competitive website through detailed financial modeling on product roadmap spend and labor utilization, along with strategic and operational assessments.
Ms. Wong hold a Bachelors of Science in Economics and a Masters of Business Administration in Finance and Strategic Management from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a Masters of Arts in International Studies from The Lauder Institute.
For more information, please contact Ms. Wong via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at: (646) 277-8728 ext. 107.