Our firm specializes in providing services that are based on our direct experience in building and managing growth companies.
Companies come to us to help them overcome financial and accounting challenges that keep them from realizing their full potential. Our deeply experienced team of financial and accounting professionals provide expertise, efficiently and cost-effectively solve acute problems, and drive incremental growth.
Simply put, we make companies stronger, smarter, better, and faster. How can we help you?
Financial Consulting Solutions
At The CEO’s Right Hand, our team specializes in financial consulting services that are based on our direct experience in building and managing growth companies. We are able to combine the necessary technical skills of evaluating and implementing sound fiscal policies with a firm understanding of the bigger picture, i.e. the corporate goals as established by the founder/CEO or Board of Directors.
Cash Flow & Expense Management
- Manage cash on a weekly basis to ensure proper deployment of corporate resources
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes cash threshold to meet operating needs of the company
- Manage commercial credit facilities to minimize all borrowing expenses
- Direct interface with all major clients to minimize receivable days outstanding
- Oversee all spending with department heads to maximize operating income
Reporting for Board of Directors
- Monthly and quarterly fiscal results versus projections with analysis for key variances
- Summary of performance by department/group
- Preparation of all key product/service investment decisions for review/approval with corresponding return on investment analysis
- Preparation of Board Meeting agendas, resolutions and corporate minutes
- Executive dashboard based on financial results and operational activity
- Key performance indicators
- Margin analysis by segment, product, service, location
- Analysis of budgets vs. actual results by line of business
- Recommendations for benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
- Development of corporate valuation based on weighted average of comparable public companies (both price-to-sales and price-to-EBITDA, comparable transactions, and discounted cashflow)
- Written analysis for review/approval by independent auditors and Board Members
Accounting Consulting Solutions
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, payroll
- Monthly bank reconciliation and quarterly/annual close processes
- Liaison with commercial bankers to negotiate outside working capital credit facilities and ongoing review of bank covenants to minimize corporate cost of funds
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manage capital for optimal leverage
Capital Raising Overview
Our firms helps entrepreneurs and small business owners determine their feasibility in the market, determine proper use of funds, and fund amounts. Since capital raising is a combination of banking and consultancy services, we provide financial consultancy to our clients to help run, expand and modernize their business. A financial engineer for your business, if you will. We help companies raise growth equity or debt capital from investors. We also help companies secure lines of credit from bank and non-bank lenders.
Two Approaches to Capital Raising
- Equity – Method of raising capital by selling company stock to investors. In return for the investment, the shareholders receive ownership interests in the company.
- Debt – When a firm raises money for working capital or capital expenditures by selling debt instruments to individuals and/or institutional investors. In return for lending the money, the individuals or institutions become creditors and receive a promise that the principal and interest on the debt will be repaid.
Preparation for a Capital Raise
Preparing a business plan, an executive summary of the business plan and a presentation for investors.
Building your core team and assuring your investors your background and experience, as well as your vision for the company is relevant and meaningful.
Creating your team of advisors who are experienced in raising venture capital, whether they are Board member, attorneys, accountants, professional investors or industry executives.
Create a target list of investors using key criteria to include industry sector, investment stage, geographic proximity, amount to be raise, comparable or competitive portfolio companies and potential investor contacts.
Practice Your Pitch
Familiarize Yourself with Your Capitalization Table so you know who owns stock in the company; document options and stock issuances to avoid open-ended equity promises.
Types of Investors for Equity and Debt
- Small Business Investment Companies
- Venture Capital Firms
- Angel Investors
- Bank Lenders
- Non-bank, mezzanine lenders
- Foreign Investment Funds
How can The CEO’s Right Hand Assist You with a Capital Raise:
Our methodology for securing equity/debt financing includes the following components:
Interview Company Management
- Interview company management regarding the company’s vision, mission, capital structure (amount of money to be raised, valuation, share structure, etc.). This process allows us to effectively articulate and market the investment opportunity to investors.
- We develop or refine investor materials, including slide deck, executive summary, full business plan, and private placement memorandums (PPM), as appropriate.
- In this process, we highlight the company’s management team, competitive advantages, and value proposition. We develop a well-defined exit strategy and demonstrate the high potential for return on investment. As a result, we generate investor interest and encourage favorable investment terms.
Develop Investor Lists
- We develop comprehensive lists of qualified investors from our extensive network and proprietary informational databases. We invest significant time and energy to identify and assess unique, creative sources of equity investment, including strategic investors.