Mr. Edwards is a Senior Tax Consultant for The CEO’s Right Hand, with over 25 years of experience in accounting, taxation, and investments. His services include collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county and local levels and advising management on the tax implications of various corporate strategies
His clients include high net worth individuals, small to mid-size business, non-profits and investment related portfolios and include a broad spectrum of backgrounds including: entertainment, real estate, construction, retail sales, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, technology.
With his many years of experience and a Master of Business Taxation, Mr. Edwards has relied upon by past employers and clients to prepare critical research and review complicated tax scenarios. His consulting and tax background allows him to wade through all the detail but at the same time keep an eye on the big picture of a client’s engagement/project.
Principal, D. Victor Edwards, CPA, PLLC
- Provides tax, consulting, financial and investment advice to over 300 high net worth individuals, business owners, and company Board members. Engagements include general consulting, tax consulting, business planning, sale structuring and tax return preparation.
- Tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, corporations, nonprofits, trusts and estates.
- Financial statement review along with budgeting and forecasting for future tax liabilities.
- Strategic tax planning for current year taxes, business sales and other business transactions.
- High net worth tax planning for family limited partnerships, estates and trusts.
- International tax planning, structuring, tax compliance and tax treaty research.
- Corporate Board presentations, consulting and dispute resolutions.
- Client representation before the Internal Revenue Service and various state tax revenue agencies.
- Nonprofit consulting, initial application filings and Board meeting attendance.
- Business grew in excess of 15% in the first nine months of operation
Director of Tax, Moss Adams
- Responsible for all facets of tax for the firm including preparation of the firm’s tax returns which involved tax filings in 42 states
- Tax team management
- Property taxes
- Sales and use taxes
- International taxes
- Improved the firm’s tax return process, allowing the tax return completion to file two weeks early
- Facilitated a purchase of a software company by providing tax consulting to the software owner
Tax Manager, RSM McCladrey (now RSM)
- Tactical tax planning and consulting for the sale/purchase of doctor groups.
- Planning, consulting and tax preparation for two farm land investment partnerships which both exceeded $500 million in investment funds.
- Clean up and nonprofit reapplication for a joint venture for two hospitals after an attorney received a rejection notice from the Internal Revenue Service on his original application.
- Research a key S corporation penalty issue that affected the firm clients as a whole. Presented my findings to the regional partners which lead to a firm-wide directive. In the process, requested that CCH (a major tax research software provider) change their research content based on my findings.
- Identified client issue relating to foreign bank accounts and requested successful abatement of penalties from the Internal Revenue Service. The issue had been overlooked by several CPAs prior to my employment with RSM.
Accountant, Various Clients
- Worked with Hilton family members on business dealings which included court case research to establish tax positions.
- Handled monthly accounting work and tax compliance for entertainment clients such as Lena Horne, Rick Dees and Jack Nicholson.
- Los Angeles manufacturing client with revenues of about $90 million per year.
- Applied for and successfully established several nonprofit entities with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Managing shareholder for a 3 shareholder CPA firm with 6 staff members in Woodland Hills, California.
Senior Accountant, Maxxam, Inc.
- Prepared accounting for SEC filings and handled all faced of accounting for the firm’s real estate holdings
- Facilitated the firm’s move from Arizona to Los Angeles
Senior Tax Analyst, The Walt Disney Company
- Handled an IRS audit of the company’s fixed asset depreciation calculations
- Eliminated a multi-million dollar assessment the IRS made against the company
- Responsible for providing the accounting department with SEC filing calculations
- Handled all facets of the firm’s fixed asset portfolio worth nearly $10 billion
Mr. Edwards received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University. He received his Master of Business Taxation degree from the University of Southern California.
Mr. Edwards received his Certified Public Accountant license from the California State Board of Accountancy. He also holds a license as a Registered Investment Advisor. Mr. Edwards is a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA) and the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA).
For more information, please contact Mr. Edwards by phone at (919) 782-9000.