Todd Smith is a finance consultant with over fifteen years of strategic and financial consulting experience. Over the course of his career, Mr. Smith has consulted with growth ventures ranging from high growth start-ups, “closely-held” middle market corporations to new business units within Fortune 500 companies. Todd is a strategic plan expert with a specialty in helping high growth start-ups and business units develop investment grade strategic plans.
Mr. Smith has expertise in a variety of management disciplines including Business Plan Development, Financial Modeling, Capital Acquisition, Competitive Intelligence, Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, International Rollout Plans, Grant Proposals, Valuations, and Business Brokerage. He has worked for companies such as IBM and Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Florida.
Mr. Smith is currently Principal for The CEO’s Right Hand where he is responsible for leading and generating all business development activity for the company, monitoring analyzing current market conditions for our clients, initiating strategies to further generate revenue and market presence, initiate client plans for companies to achieve profits and reduce losses, and design, develop and implement growth tools for client companies. Todd will also work with to maintain and grow our partner referral program.
Chief Executive Officer, Blue Horizon Venture Consulting, LLC
- On demand consulting services to companies ranging from pre-startup to Fortune 500 companies including financial planning, modeling, project management, business plan development, competitive intelligence, M&A analysis, and valuations
- Implementation and oversight of a variety of business accounting, marketing, e-commerce, and tax software packages and vendors, including integration and custom programming
- Preparation of detailed 5-year pro-forma financial forecasts, including balance sheet, income statement, various cash flow statements and other ancillary reporting.
- Development and executive management (CEO, CFO, COO) of several startups with a focus on technology commercialization out of major universities and institutions including Cal-Berkeley, NASA, Florida State, AT&T, and others.
- Assisted clients either directly or indirectly in raising more than $200 million in capital for startup operations, expansions, acquisitions, or new product initiatives.
- Executed international rollout strategies – analyzing foreign markets with aproprietary matrix analysis that included extensive research and multi-variable weighted average calculations to determine best order of market entry.
- Prepared client business valuations, negotiations, and ultimately documents for the sale of their businesses.
Competitive Analyst/M&A Analyst, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Florida
- Created a position to manage the research, collection, synthesis, analysis, and reporting of competitive intelligence information.
- Conducted primary research via competitor site visits and telephone inquiries, and a variety of secondary research utilizing libraries, databases, and internal and external networks.
- Prepared and presented reports for use in merger and acquisition analysis to all levels of management. Participant in the development of financial and other key strategies.
Revenue Analyst and Special Projects
- Worked in PC Marketing Division in a special projects department analyzing revenue flow and resolving problems causing revenue erosion. Conducted numerous site visits and helped to save the company in excess of $1 million in 1993.
Tax Loan Analyst, International Assignment Accounting
- Performed a number of duties relating to IBM’s Tax Reconciliation program.
- Determined assignee tax loan eligibility, reconciled foreign and domestic loan accounts, initiated tax transfers worldwide in various currencies, and presented pre-assignment briefings.
Todd received his Master’s in International Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management (AZ), a Master’s in Business Administration from UCLA Anderson School of Management, and his Bachelor of Science in Financial Management from Clemson University.
For more information, please contact Mr. Smith via e-mail at ToddS@theceosrighthand.co or by phone at: (646) 277-8728 ext. 109.