Edward McCormick is a finance and strategic advisory professional with a long history of success across sectors including Technology, Media, Telecom, Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Financials. Mr. McCormick has 15+ years experience advising, analyzing, and investing in companies ranging from global incumbents to disruptive / emerging innovators.
Most recently, Mr. McCormick managed an equity long/short hedge fund where he analyzed various investment opportunities, opining on their intrinsic valuation, competitive positioning, and long term growth prospects.
Beyond his technical roles in finance, Mr. McCormick has extensive experience in leading emerging companies, serving as the COO and CFO for two start up investment funds. He has also served as an independent advisor to numerous emerging technology and consumer brands since 2008.
Mr. McCormick was recently added to the board of Create.io, a venture stage SaaS platform designed to organize building and property information, and empower stakeholders to collaborate on projects that unlock value in real estate.
Mr. McCormick is currently a CFO Consultant for The CEO’s Right Hand, Inc. whereby he is responsible for Financial Accounting, Treasury/Banking, Cashflow and Expense Management, Planning, Reporting for Board of Directors, Management Reporting, Valuation, Audit and Tax, Capital Raising and Investor Relations for our client accounts.
- Board of Directors: Create.io, a revenue generating SaaS platform built to organize building and property information for real estate developers on behalf of a venture investment group
- Advised Midwest Grain Elevator on entry into non-conventional grain distribution and trading
- Advised VFILES Inc., a next generation media platform focused on linking the social aspect of fashion to content and commerce on an IPO / VC equity raise
Managing Director and COO, Engine Capital Management
- Analyzed and executed equity investments containing long term catalysts with a focus on opportunities in the Tech/Media, Consumer, Energy, Industrials, and other sectors. Investment process focused on sustainable free cash flow, event driven and special situation opportunities, as measured against the potential for accelerating catalysts via activism
- Executed trades for the fund including currency / FX hedges. Fund AUM of roughly $125mm and generated returns of 17.1% during the first year of operation vs. 16.3% for the S&P 500 Total Return Index
- Directed day-to-day operations and pre-launch set up of platform
- Oversaw investor relations functions including internal and external communications with clients
Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, Stevens Asset Management
- Analyzed and executed equity investments containing short to intermediate term catalysts with a focus on opportunities in the TMT and with ancillary investments in Consumer, Energy, and other sectors
- Utilized investment style focused on intrinsic value, relative value to comps, and risk vs. reward with consideration given to the domestic and global macroeconomic environment
- Co-Managed TMT investment book that returned a 15.1% per year ROIC (52.5% from inception) with beta of 0.57 and Sharpe Ratio of 1.09 vs. the Nasdaq Composite Total Return Index return of 11.2% per year (+37.5% from SAM inception)
Research Analyst and COO, Myca Partners
- Identified investments in retail, consumer, healthcare, TMT, industrials, agribusiness, business services, restaurants and food services, transportation, and mining sectors
- Filed 13D on Pediatric Services of America (PSAI); company was taken private in 3Q’07 and generated a total return of 20% for the fund over a 9-month investment window
- Led proxy contest vs. Charming Shoppes (CHRS) with Crescendo Partners and Ramius Capital Group; stock moved up 18% from initial 13D filing to settlement vs. -1.3% for the S&P500
- Managed day-to-day operations of fund and pre-launch set up of operations
Mr. McCormick received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration (Finance Concentration) at Virginia Commonwealth University. He then attended Columbia University Business School where he earned his Master’s Degree in Business Administration in Finance.
For more information, please contact Mr. McCormick via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: (646) 277-8728 ext. 103.