Mr. Brownell is a high-performing business professional with extensive finance, strategy and operations experience in business environments ranging from start-ups to large, multinational corporations. He is a creative problem-solver with proven success in optimizing margins, growing businesses, strategic planning and implementation, and analyzing large data sets to solve complex problems. Drew is a skilled manager of cross-functional teams on time-sensitive strategic projects. His specialties include: Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic and Corporate Finance, General Business Management, Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, and Operations.
Mr. Brownell is currently the Director of FP&A for The CEO’s Right Hand, where he is responsible for designing and providing our client base with high-level financial systems, financial modeling and analysis and project management of a variety of financial initiatives. This includes preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditures analysis, and acquisition analysis.
CONVERSION PARTNERS / ULTIMATE MEDICAL ACADEMY, New York, NY
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, Consultant
Conversion Partners (CP) was a private equity firm whose owners acquired, grew and managed middle market companies in the private, post-secondary educational sector. CP, along with its largest portfolio company, Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA), was sold in March 2015 in a mid-nine-figure transaction at a 30x return on investment.
- Worked directly for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and cross-functionally with senior executives & teams to deliver critical strategic analyses that shaped numerous operational decisions, helping UMA’s Online school grow from 25 students and 3 employees at its inception in 2009 through its liquidity event as a company with 14,000 students and over 1,500 employees.
- Developed and implemented an optimization model that has helped to predict student success at UMA, leading to both a 20% decrease in annual student churn and a 20% increase in annual revenue.
- Constructed and managed an accurate and scalable revenue model for UMA that has been in use from 2010; accuracy of 99.9% in 2015 on revenue in excess of $200MM. Model has been relied upon heavily for creation of scenario analyses as well as identification of key growth drivers for UMA.
- Created and reported upon annual budgets and periodic reforecasts. Built the process for and was relied upon to communicate monthly financial results, variance analysis and KPIs to senior management, including the CEO.
MEASURENCE, INC., New York, NY
Executive Team – Consultant
- Collaborated directly with the Chief Executive Officer to create Measurence’s financial roadmap, pricing strategy, and KPIs in advance of its next round of funding.
- Leader of Corporate Governance team, which was created to both standardize critical processes and promote Measurence’s brand internally to a distributed group of employees.
ORMET Corporation, Hannibal, OH
Commercial Vice President
- Led day-to-day management of critical $750MM aluminum contract; responsibilities included negotiating ongoing terms of contract and managing both the client and delivery logistics.
- Generated sales of $15MM+ to domestic and multinational counterparties.
- Created, updated and analyzed internal models for both Ormet’s 265,000 metric tonne aluminum smelting operation and proposed bolt-on acquisitions.
MORGAN STANLEY, Purchase, NY
Analyst, Oil Liquids – Valuation Review Group
- Streamlined process to simulate and analyze daily marks and forward curves in multi-billion dollar Oil Liquids and Structured Notes (hybrids) portfolios.
- Improved team-wide valuation review process efficiency by 20% by rebuilding Excel-based models.
GLENCORE LTD., Stamford, CT
Acquisitions Analyst/Operations – Aluminum Group
- Performed due diligence on, built and executed numerous discounted cash flow models and helped draft purchase and sale agreements for prospective acquisitions of aluminum/alumina assets; analyzed effects of proposed acquisitions on Glencore’s trading book.
- Managed and enhanced report depicting Glencore’s physical position across the Americas and led group on project to optimize movement of aluminum, using knowledge of freight markets as well as product demand trends.
Mr. Brownell received his Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from New York University’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business, with a specialization in Corporate Finance and Strategy. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree with a double major in Finance and Marketing from Boston College, Wallace E. Carroll School of Management.
For more information, please contact Mr. Brownell via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at: (646) 277-8728 ext. 105.