Mr. Hale is a CFO Consultant for The CEO’s Right Hand where he is responsible for providing functional expertise in financial controls and policies, acquisition and integration, carve out, treasury/cash management, ERP Implementation, human resources, global consolidation/multi-currency accounting, and restructuring for his clients.
President/Founder, Acadia Consulting
- Optimize and manage tactical accounting teams while partnering with senior management on strategic finance challenges
- Ensure traditional accounting functions (accounts payable, payroll, expense reimbursement, etc.) are operating efficiently and effectively
- Oversee treasury functions to optimize working capital/liquidity and mitigate risk
- Create multi-year pro forma projections and annual budgets
- Analyze KPI’s and periodic financial statements for trends and variances
- Evaluate accounting systems and processes for suitability
- Manage vendor, banking, tax/audit, creditor, board, and investor relationships
CFO, Four Winds Health (WellStreet Urgent Care)
- Led implementation of the company’s accounting software system (Dynamics GP) and hiring of initial accounting staff
- Developed cash forecasting model to optimize working capital and give better visibility to timing of capital draws from private equity investors
- Implemented operating procedures to mitigate financial operating risks
- Oversaw the development of various reporting packages for management, creditors, and board of directors
- Developed pro forma model used for monthly labor allocations, seasonal staffing forecasts, capital requirements, annual budgeting/planning, and acquisitions
- Evaluated the financial suitability of acquisition targets
- Managed relationships with external tax/audit CPA firm, major vendors, and creditors
- Provided CFO services to clients in a variety of industries including: healthcare, food manufacturing, distribution, professional services, and document management
- Delivered a combination of management accounting, corporate finance, treasury, and FP&A services
- Clients were a mix of self-funded and venture backed, from start-up to 25+ years in business
CFO, Emergency Visions
- Oversaw all finance and accounting functions for a SaaS business.
- Managed company’s capital raising campaign and secured equity investments during the 2009 recession.
- Developed financial model and pro forma financial statements for business planning and forecasting.
- Amended and restated financial statements from previous years.
CFO – SmartMove Auto
- Managed creditor due diligence initiatives during company’s capital campaign leading to the successful close of a new $35 million credit facility to fund the next phase of the company’s growth.
- Brought outsourced accounting functions back in house.
- Implemented new accounting software resulting in better financial controls and more timely reporting.
- Implemented company’s new dealer management software system. The system significantly improved inventory management (aging, location, costing) and loan portfolio management (payment processing, delinquency management).
- Developed processes and procedures to help the accounting department run more efficiently. Allowed department to efficiently support company’s rapid growth with minimal staffing increases.
Consultant for Candescent Pictures
- Created strategic business plan, financial model, and investor presentation for a $100 million small budget movie investment fund that has secured both debt and equity investment capital and is now actively making investments in film projects.
Chief Credit Officer/Director of Investments for Martin Capital, LLC
- Chaired the company’s credit committee and managed the company’s real estate investment fund.
- Standardized client underwriting and due diligence process which resulted in improved client credit profiles which in turn allowed the company to charge higher rates for developed properties.
- Standardized and negotiated client contracts. Efficiencies gained allowed the company to handle triple the number of annual projects in two years without additional credit personnel or resources.
- Created, launched, and managed company’s first real estate investment fund. The fund met all investment objectives during my tenure.
Controller and General Manager for Tech Center
- Managed all operations staff – fabrication/assembly, shipping, HR, purchasing, accounting, administrative, and inside sales.
- Led conversion from QuickBooks and Peachtree accounting systems to consolidated Great Plains Dynamics system. The new system resulted in a simplified chart of accounts, better financial controls and more accurate financial reporting.
- Developed operating benchmarks (i.e. billable staff utilization and average rate, product/services ratio, etc.) to better track company performance against annual financial targets.
- Implemented purchasing and scheduling procedures to increase operational efficiency which reduced suppliers and increased on-time product delivery.
- Analyzed historical financial performance of company and developed pro forma financial projections for use forecasting, planning, and budgeting
Mr. Hale has an undergraduate degree from Georgia Institute of Technology and a Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance, from Goizueta Business School, Emory University.
For more information, please contact Mr. Hale via email at Doug@theceosrighthand.co