Carolina Palacios joined The CEO’s Right Hand as a Controller for our client base. Carolina is a seasoned professional with more than 20 years of experience in the accounting profession. Before joining The CEO’s Right Hand, Ms. Palacios successfully controlled operations for finance firms such as Warburg Pincus, TPG-Axon, G2 Investment Group, DRB Capital, and Squarepoint Capital. She has extensive experience in building world-class accounting departments by implementing enterprise accounting systems, managing teams across multiple business lines, and developing processes.
As the Controller for The CEO’s Right Hand, Ms. Palacios is responsible for helping to maximize our clients’ return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. She monitors and confirms the financial condition of our client businesses by conducting audits, providing information to auditors, maximizing return and limiting risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments, preparing budget by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data and recommending plans. She helps to achieve the budget objectives of our clients by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions, and providing the status of their financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting their data to assess trends necessary in the financial health of their business.
Accounting Consultant, Squarepoint LLC
ACG, LLC (Contractor)
LeanOnn (Business Development Firm)
- Providing remote accounting services on a project basis.
- Setting up payroll, worker’s compensation policy, day-to-day accounting, and financial reporting.
- Setting up company’s accounting structure on Quickbooks and handling various ad hoc requests.
- Assisting the accounting department with financial reporting, year-end close, yearly audits, AP, Concur, Expense Management, and various foreign filings. Hedge Fund with operations in US, UK, FR, Singapore, & Switzerland.
Corporate Controller, DRB Capital LLC
Invited by the Director of Finance of $30MM Pre-Settlement/Structured Settlement firm, a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group to manage an 18-member accounting team.
- Managing the monthly close which included 13 companies across 4 business lines.
- Managing AP, AR (Funding), Payroll, and Accounting departments.
- Reviewing all month end activity, including but not limited to, bank reconciliation for 24 bank accounts, fixed assets depreciation, prepaid amortization, intercompany reconciliation, accruals, payroll reconciliation, account analysis, and expense allocation.
- Financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis to management, including all variances.
- Coordinating with external auditors for tax and GAAP audits for holding company and all disregarded entities.
Corporate Controller, G2 Investment Group LLC
Recruited by the COO of this $31MM Start-Up Investment Firm to create and manage all functions of the Accounting and HR departments for the management company. Managed a 2-person accounting team, consolidated results from 5 companies with operations in US, UK, and Hong Kong.
- Developed a new ERP accounting system, SAGE 500. Modules implemented included GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Bank Services, Purchase Orders, Intercompany, and Consolidating Module.
- Monthly financial reporting to FinOp for FINRA filing of Broker Dealer activity.
- Implemented the accounting department’s internal controls and monitored processes.
- Established all banking relationships and implemented bank services such as Positive Pay & CashPro.
- Implemented a new Expense Management System through ExpensAble. Auditing of all T&E reports.
- Implemented a 401K Plan and various employee benefits by working closely with vendors.
- Worked closely with American Express to create our Corporate Card Program.
- Migrated from a PEO environment and brought Payroll, HR, & Benefits in-house.
- Reviewed and prepared payroll on a bi-monthly basis through ADP.
- Responsible for federal and state payroll tax filings as well as NYC commercial rent filings.
- Completed 3 clean financial audits and tax audits and oversaw preparation of tax returns
Controller, TPG-Axon Capital LLC
- Responsible for controlling operations for management companies in US, UK, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
- Supervising a staff of 1 in-house and supervising the work of 5 individuals remotely.
- Handled all accounting matters, including, GL, AP, AR, all schedules, depreciation, amortization, bank reconciliation, intercompany accounts, and ad hoc requests.
- Controlling the corporate card program.
- Preparing the monthly consolidated partner report, including variances.
Accounting Manager, Warburg P Incus LLC
- Managed a staff of 5, supervising all aspects of AP for London and US Management companies, including, daily transactions, cash balances, EOM reconciliations, approvals, proper allocations, and 1099 process.
- Supervising billing and collection of all Board of Director fees.
- Monthly G/L review and reclasses, and month-end entries.
- Filing quarterly NY State, Sales and Use Tax, and quarterly NYC Commercial Rent Tax Returns.
- Responsible for all audits relating to Sales & Use Tax, and yearly audits relating to AP.
Carolina holds a Masters of Business Administration in Global Management and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Phoenix.
For more information, please contact Ms. Palacios via e-mail at Carolina@theceosrighthand.co